1958 Belvedere Power Steering Question

From: Jon Grayson
Email: plymouth58@msn.com
Date: January 20, 2002

Comments

Hi, everyone. I'm about to tear into my '58 Belvedere's PS gear which is leaking fluid out the bottom seal, just above the Pitman arm. Before I dive in, I wonder if I could probe your collective brain. It's been driven more than a few times (not by me) dry. What are the odds that the O-rings inside are damaged? I have a feeling that the pump is also shot because it was also run dry without disconnecting the drive belt. Should I just replace the pump and the bottom seal and hope for the best? And is it possible to replace that seal without dropping the gear? If you've done one, I'd love a preview of what's in store for me here. Thanks in advace. Jon Grayson

Last changed: March 03, 2024