The Real Copycats

From: Kenny J.
Email: kjosephson@sprintmail.com
Date: January 20, 2002

Comments

GM was so shaken by Mopar's Forward Look, they dropped the '58 body stampings and redesigned the bodies again for '59. And while the body integrity of the '57-'59 Mopars weren't the greatest (Let's not kid ourselves, they rust like crazy if exposed to road salt), the '59 GM cars rusted just as fast. The GM 1960 models were a little better, but not much. But since GM outsold Mopar by a wide margin, there were many more Southwestern examples to restore than there were Forward look cars. But most of today's people think my '59 Plymouth looks much nicer than my '59 Impala, so I suppose time has proven what we Exner fans already knew!

Last changed: March 03, 2024