Re: SUDDENLY IT'S 1960

From: Lou
Email: lou@cyberia.com
Date: February 05, 2002

Comments

I've been an old car fanatic since I was a kid. My first "experience" with a fwdlook car was in the mid 70's, when I was 9 or so, watching "Barney Miller" on TV. This episode was about the guy who STOLE FireFlite back in 57 or 58, (can't remember which) from the owner when new and confessed to Barney's detectives 20 some years later. They found the original owner and returned the car. The thief espoused to her how he would baby the car, wash it, chamois it, etc. Well, as a 9 year old, I wanted to SEE what this car looked like, so I looked it up at the library and immediately fell in love! In recent years, I have toyed with the idea of getting one..I've already had other car projects...but it always comes back to wanting a Desoto (oh, and a 30's Duesenberg, but I digress). So, I've lurked here on the fwdlook net and various online classifieds, and finally decided to post a few messages and a want ad. We'll see! Lou

Last changed: March 03, 2024