The Original Specs ('60-61 Std. size Ply. and Dodge)

From: Daven Anderson
Email: l96lfury@springmail.com
Date: February 23, 2002

Comments

You REALLY should get the service manual ASAP if you don't have one! (nag,nag!) That said,steering axis is 5½º to 7½º,camber is [L] = +3/8º ± ¼º (+ 3/8º preferred) [R] = +1/8º ± ¼º (+1/8 preferred), caster is (manual steering) -½º ± ½º (power steering) +¾º ± ½º,toe-in is 3/32º to 5/32º (1/8º preferred),toe-out is 21½º (± 1º) on the inner wheel when the outer wheel is 20º. Since there are different ball joints that can be used in the C-Body swap and even different ways the same ball joints can be installed in the control arms,the camber and caster will vary (duh!) and if the factory target cannot be achieved at least try to get the same spacing (ie. if the left is ¾º,then right is ½º,because the original L is ¼º more). I DID at least match toe-in and toe-out on my car!

Last changed: March 03, 2024