Re: '62-64 Pushbutton 727 valve bodies will fit in '65 trans.

From: John in WI
Email: jrbartell@tds.net
Date: March 10, 2002

Comments

Thanks to all for info on tranny swap...here is what I have been told in a nutshell...use a 65 727 to get the splined tailshaft...no more ball and trunion...use a 62 - 64 valve body because it will be compatible with the push button cables of my car...and because it does not have as strong of detent spring as the 65 does, the stronger detent spring may keep the cable from pushing the correct distance to shift. Anything I missed???? A rebuild kit is available for the 65 through Bumper to Bumper and others, and it is year specific...thanks again, John in WI

Last changed: March 03, 2024