Rear suspension

From: J.W.
Email: jwduhn@ncn.net
Date: March 26, 2002

Comments

Could someone please tell me the where is the rear tread width spec. of 59.6" measured on a 1957 Plymouth? center to center? outside to outside of the tire? I would measure my own but it is in storage several miles away in a shed and the doors are still frozen shut. The reason I ask is that I have been contemplating installing a independant rear suspension from a (I'm sorry but I own it) cougar with a dead transmission. It measures aprox. 61" center to center of the tread. If the 57 Plymouth measurement is outside it probably would be too wide?? Has any one ever atempted this? Thanks for any help and or insight on this endevor J.W.

Last changed: March 03, 2024