Re: Trans Retainer ???

From: Kenny J.
Email: kjosephson@sprintmail.com
Date: March 31, 2002

Comments

My '59 parts book lists it as the front clutch retainer for the eight cylinder three speed automatic (Torqueflite) transmission. It cross references to part number 1853 923. It is shown as the "bowl" holding the front clutch"piston" and is listed under section 21-133-7 in the '59 parts book. It is shown as interchangeable across all Chrysler Corporation divisions (Plymouth/Dodge/DeSoto/Chrysler/Imperial.) I hope this information helps.

Last changed: March 03, 2024