Re: Looking for opinions.

From: George
Email: gsv@dakotacom.net
Date: April 16, 2002

Comments

It was running like a dog actually. I learned a long time ago not to fix things that aren't broken. I had also found a rather large chunk of metal in the oil pan when I first changed the oil. Part of the reason for removing the timing cover was to see if any of the gears were damaged. They were not so I'm now wondering about the oil pump. Which gets back to emoving the oil pan, which appears to be d*** near impossible with the engine in place. Etc. Also, I can turn the engine by hand with the spark plugs in place so it is VERY loose in there. The prognosis is not good.

Last changed: March 03, 2024