Re: how much lining should they have?(thickness)

From: Kenny J.
Email: kjosephson@sprintmail.com
Date: April 18, 2002

Comments

My '57-'58 Plymouth shop manual and the '59 supplement both state the thickness should be 5/32" or .15625. That is considerably thinner than Hank's DeSoto's handbrake lining. Since Chrysler generally overbuilt things mechanically during this era, I can't imagine them using thinner linings in the lighter cars. Hank, what does your DeSoto manual show for parking brake lining thickness under specification chart in the brakes section?

Last changed: March 03, 2024