Re: kingpin replacement

From: J.W.
Email: jwduhn@ncn.net
Remote Name: 206.72.36.227
Date: April 24, 2002

Comments

Lee::: The king pin bushings should be line bore honed on a pin hone machine.There is also a special reamer for king pin bushings. I take the spindels with the new bushings installed to a engine machine shop that has a sunnen hone. I believe the grease clearance they allow is (.004-.006) an experenced machinest should know the proper spec. Yes you can have a too tight fit!! If there is not enough grease clearance the pin can gaul to the bushing resulting in a hard steering problem. If the bushings are honed or reamed too much oversize you are back where you started with a loose pin and bushing. Good luck!!!

Last changed: March 03, 2024