Blocking off bypass in "A" Poly

From: Hank Dozier
Email: dozierhc@aol.com
Remote Name: 192.75.238.204
Date: April 30, 2002

Comments

I am making the assumption here that you are referring to the blocking of the bypass, as the other alteration is pretty easy. I agree this NOT the thing to do with a engine in the car. This is definitely an engine rebuild opportunity. HOWEVER, if the hole diameter is the correct size for a welch plug (thisdiameter on an "A" block is unknown to me), one could simply tap a welch plug, like used in rocker arm shaft ends, into the hole, and avoid drilling/tapping. This would work with only the oil pan and rear main cap removal.

Last changed: March 03, 2024