Re: 58 Dodge D-500 Dual 4 Barrel Carb Air Cleaners

From: Andrew Sharpe.
Email: kristin@netconnect.com.au
Remote Name: 203.87.44.134
Date: May 02, 2002

Comments

I am building my '58 Custom Royal sedan as a Super D500 and I believe the air cleaners may be black. My '58 Dodge engine brochure shows a balck and white picture of the 361 2x4 and against the contrast of the silver engine block, the air cleaners are far too dark to be gold. They match the starter and the fan. I also have a '58 Super D500 road test in a Speed Age magazine, again a black and white shot of the engine, where the air cleaners are most certainly black. Andrew in Australia.

Last changed: March 03, 2024