Overdrive Questions

From: Kenny J.
Email: kjosephson@sprintmail.com
Remote Name: 209.210.96.2
Date: May 11, 2002

Comments

I need help with my '59's overdrive installation. I have the tranmission, wiring harness, kick down switch, relay and can get the cable. I have wiring diagrams, etc. What I don't know is were to mount the relay, how to route the wiring harness, how the switch mounts on the carburetor and what activates the switch. Neither my parts book nor my shop manuals mentions a tab or lever that activates the kick down switch at full throttle. Do any of you have an overdrive car or any pictures from under the hood of an overdrive car to guide me? Thanks in advance!

Last changed: March 03, 2024