Spitfire headers

From: Bob O.
Email: punch@proaxis.com
Remote Name: 198.145.253.101
Date: May 25, 2002

Comments

Apologies if this has been addressed before: The stock cast manifold on my poly looks pretty cramped, but the picture I've seen of the Spitfire headers doesn't look a lot better. I don't have a lot of space around my engine, so compact headers seem like a good idea, so my question is, do those Spitfire headers significantly improve gas flow? I have been told that another way to go is to have the stock manifold "extrude honed"..... I don't even know what that means! Anyone got any comments on these issues? Thanks in advance for any input.

Last changed: March 03, 2024