Re: Radials on a 56 Imperial

From: Brad
Email: BandTJones@aol.com
Remote Name: 152.163.201.204
Date: May 28, 2002

Comments

I just put a set of Diamondback radials on a 58 DeSoto and they run nice and smooth. Handle well, everything you would expect. Their website is www.widewhitewalltires.com. They have a chart showing the diameter of an 8.20X15 as 29.5". Their 235/75/15 diameter runs 29.1" (width 6.1") ... or their 225/75/15 runs 28.5" (width 5.8"). Not an expert, but I don't think you'd have a clearance problem. I went to radial with the same outer diameter as the bias ply rated for mine and it has no rubs at all. I did go with new rear springs, so you might make sure you've got all the clearance you need back there. They also custom make each set with the proper width of whitewall, so I got a 2 1/2 sidewall... yours could be different depending on the year of car. Hope that helps.

Last changed: March 03, 2024