Re: Question About Your A-833 OVERDRIVE

From: Kenny J.
Email: kjosephson@sprintmail.com
Remote Name: 67.218.224.43
Date: May 29, 2002

Comments

Since most A-833 overdrives wound up behind Slant Sixes and LA 318s, were they built as beefy as the earlier A-833 four speeds behind the 340/360/383/400/440 perfomance engines? If not, I would guess one could install the heavier duty bearings, etc. I suppose a Viper tranny would do the best as far as gear selection goes...what, six speeds forward? During 1986, I helped move friends out here. I towed a twin axle U-Haul trailer loaded with stuff and carried four adults from Wisconsin to Nevada in my '59 Impala...with drum brakes and a single master cylinder...what was I thinking??????

Last changed: March 03, 2024