Re: 60 desoto power disc brake conversion

From: David J
Email: david_jungen@hotmail.com
Remote Name: 64.132.0.86
Date: June 03, 2002

Comments

Let me preface this with an apology for its vagueness. Regarding a decent rear end swap, my '61 Seneca has a '78 Volare rear on it; I still have the tranny parking brake. I bought the car with it already installed, hence my not knowing the degree of installation difficulty. I can say that the stock wheels/tires fit well inside the fenders, and brake parts are cheap. The gearing of the axle is stock to my knowledge, and keeps me running right at 3000 rpm at 70mph (225 slant 6 with 3 sp. Torqueflite), and is excellent around town as well. Good luck! -David

Last changed: March 03, 2024