57 Desoto/63 Newport swap WILL IT WORK??

From: Tim
Email: chevelle7dss@hotmail.com
Remote Name: 68.46.163.112
Date: August 30, 2002

Comments

Found a 63 chrysler newport with a 383 and a torqueflite. Was going to put the engine, trans, and rear axel from the newport into my 57 desoto firesweep, which currently has a 325/powerglide in it. Does anyone know of any problems i will encounter, or will the motor, trans, and axel mounts all line up? I only want the 383 and the torqueflite, but my current E-brake is on the trans, where as the E-brake is on the axel of the newport, hence the need for the axel swap. Any and all input is appreciated.

Last changed: March 03, 2024