Re: I've Never Heard a Mopar Person Talk Like This Before

From: Gary
Email: lancer_41@excite.com
Remote Name: 208.186.45.109
Date: September 12, 2002

Comments

Your friend is obviously confused. The poly 318 was the engine that started the legend and the LA merely continued it. The only weak spot I ever found on a poly is the valve cover gasket. Never saw one that didn't leak. A machined aluminum valve cover with a reinforcing plate for the two bolts would have resolved that problem. I've found their performance to be superior to the LA in pure stock form, and a stock 318 poly will stomp stock 350 GM's all day long.

Last changed: March 03, 2024