Another Power Steering Question...

From: Great Balls of Fire
Email: mark.a.flynn@intel.com
Remote Name: 143.182.124.3
Date: September 21, 2002

Comments

I have been having trouble for awhile with my power steering gearbox on my 56 Desoto. It leaks badly through the upper vent hole. I have rebuilt it twice with new seals and O-rings. It works OK for awhile and then spews all the fluid out the hole in one go. I believe it's leaking through the upper piston rod seal (lip type seal). has any body else had this problem? If so what was the cause? Also does anybody have the correct part number for this seal? Thanks for your time. Mark

Last changed: March 03, 2024