413' heads on bored 383'

From: Cecil Snider
Email: cec_sni@msn.com
Remote Name: 65.57.98.240
Date: September 22, 2002

Comments

I had my 413 heads re-done,wrapped them, pulled the block took it to shop,oh no'. Cracked, to bad to repair. Low on $$$, so, had this 67 383. Had it bored .030. Have standard dist. Calls for .017. point gap. Has a mild cam and a Holly high rise intake. Seems to run better with points set at.022. Does anyone know why the points need to be wider? Should I go to a electronic ign? Am I being a dummy? HELP me if u can. Thanks much.....Cecil

Last changed: March 03, 2024