Re: hard starting hot

From: Zach Collie
Email: zachsgsx@aol.com
Remote Name: 152.163.189.70
Date: September 27, 2002

Comments

Or, your starter is suffering from "heat soak". A worn starter will have greater internal resistance when hot,and cause slow cranking, or even no cranking. I had a bad starter solenoid on my '58 DeSoto that would cause the engine to crank so slowly it wouldn't even start at times. So, I replaced it, along with the positive cable (because it had damaged insulation) and now she starts great, hot or cold. So, keep these possibilities in mind as well.

Last changed: March 03, 2024