Re: Air suspension - You could try this

From: Adam
Email: adamgreen57@hotmail.com
Remote Name: 212.38.114.74
Date: October 17, 2002

Comments

Rick, I actually fitted Rear Springs from a 72 Pontiac Firebird (Shock Horror - Don't give me any crap, Alumcan) to my 57 Fury. They pretty much bolted straight on to be honest. I did have to trim the rubber bushes at the front eye to fit the forward bracket but the back was ok. Also, I had to redrill (tough) the springs to locate the axle perch in the centre of the wheelarch. Last, I had to fit an angle shim kit under the axle to restore the correct angle of the axle pinnion.The Fury is a lot heavier than a Firebird so the car sits WAY low at the back. I added Coilover shocks to stop it bottoming out. I will be going home this weekend and can email you (or anyone else) some pics of the installation if you want to see how it looks. Let me know. Adam

Last changed: March 03, 2024