Re: Rear Axle Design Buck

From: Hank Dozier
Email: dozierhc@aol.com
Remote Name: 192.75.238.204
Date: October 25, 2002

Comments

Have seen this site. Couple of issues that I can see.. 1st, the rotors/hubs come as a unit, and you send yours back. If you need new rotors, what rotors do you use? 2nd, the brake caliper used is for a front, used on the rear. I think the fluid capacity is too great for any 4-bolt pattern disc/drum master cylinder (especially with split systems.) This can cause a warning/isolator valve in line (should be used with a split system) to "false". DEFINITELY need the rear prop pressure delay/reducer valve in this system. I am trying for a more reasonable system, that can use "off the shelf" components, and you will know where the rotors/caliper/etc come from for future maintenence.

Last changed: March 03, 2024