torsion bars

From: Del Fisher
Email: delfi@attbi.com
Remote Name: 12.238.115.101
Date: October 25, 2002

Comments

When I bought my 1959 Desoto wagon, the front end was lowered to almost the ground. I adjusted the two large nuts under the middle of the car to raise it. The drivers side rose to an appropriate level, but the passenger side only came up a few inches and will not rise higher, even when the nut is tightened all the way possible. Any idea of the problem? Maybe a bent or overstressed torsion bar on that one side? For those of you who have replaced your torsion bars, was there an improvement in ride quality or handling?

Last changed: March 03, 2024