Re: Stephen King's new 'car' novel

From: Chris Lemos
Email: mopar@NOSPAMnjrnr.org
Remote Name: 138.89.71.198
Date: October 31, 2002

Comments

I too think maybe some of these silly little obvious (to us) mistakes might be intentional, but not for the reason A'can stated. I was thinking it was more from a liability standpoint. Nobody in the world can come forward (and sue him) claiming the book was about them or their car, or they wrote it 1st, cause nobody has a '58 Fury 4 door with a GM trans. It's accurate enough that 99.9% of the readers wont pick up on it, and the factual errors dont take away from the plot, but they do help prove the story is his. Mapmakers often do the same thing with maps. They intentionally add a few minor errors so they can prove if someone else is copying their data.

Last changed: March 03, 2024