Re: replacing Chassis to Body Rubbers - 57 plymouth

From: Hank Dozier
Email: dozierhc@aol.com
Remote Name: 192.75.238.204
Date: November 08, 2002

Comments

Tim..I am in process of pulling my body off the frame on my DeSoto (56). All indications are that there is only one rubber block, and it fits between the body and the frame outriggers or frame points. I don't see an advantage to trying to make the body "float" against the frame as you suggest, as these rubber blocks are used to assist alignment of the body panels for the various parts of the car, and if you float them, then your alignment will shift, causing issues with hood and panel fitment.

Last changed: March 03, 2024