Vote for The Forward Look Network on the Mopar Top 100 Sites 

Re: What's the difference

From: jim Helm
Remote Name:
Date: November 24, 2002
Time: 16:45:02


The terms Custom Royal and Custom Royal Lancer refer to basically the same cars with the same trim level. The Custom Royal was the top level trim available for 1959 Dodges. It gets interesting when the term "Lancer" comes into the situation. Seems that Chrysler Corp used the term "Lancer" to refer to their hardtop (pillarless--2 and 4 door) and convertible models. These models all carry the Lancer badge on the very front of the fenders. The 2 and 4 door sedans did not have this badge. It was a very confusing designation. Jim


Last changed: July 19, 2018