Re: Water Injection

From: Bob O.
Email: punch@proaxis.com
Remote Name: 198.145.10.195
Date: November 29, 2002
Time: 23:12:07

Comments

I've looked though my books and I cannot find it, but I'm sure I have read that Lincoln fitted a water injection system (to reduce the problem of hot-spots and thus detonation) in the 20's or 30's. Anyone else recall this? Were there any other manufacturers that used water injection? There are certainly some after-market manufacturers today. Here are two that appear reputable rather than shady: http://www.better-mileage.com/water1.html and http://www.aquamist.co.uk/ and here are two information pages: http://www.autospeed.com.au/A_0115/page1.html?src=suggestions and http://www.rallycars.com/Cars/WaterInjection.html and this one's amusing: http://meyermicro.com/pages/elab02.html

Last changed: March 03, 2024