Re: A Random Observation....

From: Mopar Randy
Email: RandyBlizzard@aol.com
Remote Name: 64.12.96.139
Date: December 04, 2002
Time: 02:10:51

Comments

It would certainly be nice to see some of the wonderful "forward look" cars revisited, but, for some reason, the car companies, including Chrysler, tend to want only to draw on the laurles of their past greatness without actually having to manufacture same. This "pseudo-retro" thing the car companies are doing now just makes you wonder what the message is. It used to be that the buying public looked FORWARD to the new models because each year was something new and different; each car having a distinct look or "personality". If anything, I believe that the retro thing makes us look back more fondly upon the cars of the past. Certainly my old forward look cars are enjoying a renaissance of sorts in that just about every day now they elicit some sort of positive comment where it used to be that noone even looked their way. And most telling of all is that the people with the PT Cruisers, the Prowlers, and even those few with the new Thunderbirds just can't seem to help but look in the direction of my old, lumbering 62 Imperial or 57 Dodge either in fondness or in awe. Just serves to indicate that there is no substitute for the real thing. Mopar Randy

Last changed: March 03, 2024