318 Poly: Re-do or swap?

From: Mike Reardon
Email: mopar58mike@aol.com/(513)732-2089
Remote Name: 64.12.96.78
Date: December 08, 2002
Time: 18:54:56

Comments

Hi, enthusiasts! In 1988 I bought a rust free 58 Belvedere 2 door ht south of Tuscon Az. with a 318 4 barrel, pwr steering, tinted glass, Torqueflite, sporttone aluminin intact. I made a Christine clone(no surprise). Now the 318 is starting to get tired. I'm tempted to go to a bigger motor. I have access to 2 cars: a 61 Newport and a 61 Polara, both with 361's. What motor mounts will work, and will the 361 bolt up to my existing Torqueflite? (the Torqueflite is air cooled, by the way, is this rare?)Do the 61's have the same parking brake assembly mounted on the tailshaft? I've been lucky with this car so far. It's been pretty much a "turn key and go" car. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Mike Reardon.

Last changed: March 03, 2024