Engine Swap...too unethical? Lemmi know your honest opinions

From: Lemmi
Email: Lemmiwinks_GerbilKing@hotmail.com
Remote Name: 209.66.204.26
Date: December 13, 2002
Time: 17:12:41

Comments

Has anyone ever considered, even only if in private, putting a stoker 383 GM V-8 into a 56 Desoto? I am considering the benefits, but would be embarrassed to ever open the hood in public. I have the opportunity to get a 465hp engine brand new for $3400, and I wonder how much easier it could make my life (aside from harrassment and sneers from both Chevy people and Mopar lovers). Seriously, would I ever be able to get that kind of power from my 330 unit? I am not trying ot start a fight, just looking for some outside opinions to help guide my decision making. If you want to shoot me, please give me really good reasons (I am not an expert, so I would love more information as to why I should or should not). Please don't delete this post...I am not trying to sell Chevy parts or say that anything is better, just wondering.

Last changed: March 03, 2024