Re: Engine Swap...too unethical? Lemmi know your honest opinions

From: Dick Whelan
Email: rgwhelansr@aol.com
Remote Name: 205.188.209.139
Date: December 13, 2002
Time: 20:18:50

Comments

Sorry but Chevy engines suck! We have three small block Chevy powered Vehicles now and want to sell all three! Our 66 Caprice has a built 69 327 with 2.02 Corvette heads,3/4 cam.Edelbrock carb and manifold, modern H.E.I. headers etc. Its fast but overheats like crazy,sucks gas like a motorhome and eats two starters a year if you can even get it to crank when its hot. My Fury V800 with two fours gets better gas mileage, is just as fast, and has none of the overheating, leakage and starter problems of the Chevy. The other two are stock, but the one is a 350 in a 72 Car Hauler that the gas mileage is so lousey its cheaper to fly down south to buy a car and drive it back! Do what you want but that Chevy will never make a pimple on a Hemis' a--!

Last changed: March 03, 2024