Re: Stainless Steel Engine Bolts

From: alumcan
Email: alumcan300dhd@aol.com
Remote Name: 205.188.208.137
Date: December 13, 2002
Time: 22:49:25

Comments

Gary, I got ALL of my stainless fasteners (polished myself) for my Harley, at a local machine shop that has a little 'general machine shop supply store' on the side. Lowe's also has stainless fasteners. A bit on the pricey side. I have bought a minumim of 50 stainless fasteners at Fasten-All, cheaper than I could have bought 10 of the same thing at Lowe's There are stainless fastener suppliers listed in the back of just about every Street Rod mag. Remember stainless bolts don't have the grade 6, or 8, that are on head bolts etc. and can't be torqued town like the grade 6/8 steel bolts can.

Last changed: March 03, 2024