Re: My heater is cold!

From: Kelly
Email: 325
Remote Name: 198.188.6.246
Date: December 19, 2002
Time: 11:51:17

Comments

I was thinking about replacing the thermostat with a 190 unit, but when I start up, it takes about 20 minutes before the heater decides to blow lukewarm heat. The gauge has be in the middle of 'normal' and when I turn the blower knob (it freezes my !#$ off in the process), the needle plummets back just to the left of the low side of normal. It didn't do this until after I replaced the heater valve, not the heater core. I am wondering if the copper wire is too far in to the heater box, and not causing the bimetallic strip to open up far enough. Thanks guys! Kelly

Last changed: March 03, 2024