Re: It wasn't that bad/. Torque,,,,,,

From: Joe Mac
Email: mopar58@aol.com
Remote Name: 64.252.100.87
Date: December 20, 2002
Time: 13:09:56

Comments

Mr. 'Can, You're very close. If memory serves me, the highest "advertised" torque numbers (in stock trim) were posted by the Buick 455 cica 1970(who'd have thought that?) My buddy had one is his GS and it would really roast the radials. Now before you think I'm a GM fan, I'd like to point out that one day during a street run he spun the nylon teeth off the timing gear which got into the oil pump and ...well you can guess the rest. The motor was really designed for luxury cruisers, not street punishment. Bottom line, stick with Mopar.

Last changed: March 03, 2024