Re:Snow is good for economy. (money from heaven)

From: erik aase
Email: erikaase@telus.net
Remote Name: 64.180.56.169
Date: December 24, 2002
Time: 10:46:12

Comments

I love to shovel snow-helps work off pounds from frequent grazing and drinking at xmas. Snow is good for local economy. tire and repair shops,ski hills,clothing retailers and even the little boy in the neighborhood doing driveways/roofs all benefit from a good dose of the white stuff. Mild winters are a big concern to our provincial lumber industry as we currently have a mountain pine beetle epidemic of enormous proportions. An area larger than the state of Oregon has been ravaged so far-enough lumber to build one million houses! Cold weather keeps the critters population in check. I also have a genetic disposition to cold and snow as both my parents are norwegians and I grew up in northern Canada. No palm trees and umbrella drinks for me at xmas- I want #$@% snow!

Last changed: March 03, 2024