leaky fuel tank plug fixed !!

From: tim
Email: tim@signsbyknight.com.au
Remote Name: 139.134.63.153
Date: December 28, 2002
Time: 17:26:37

Comments

I fixed the leaky fuel tank by. Removing the tank and standing it up on its edge with the drain plug at the highest point. I didn't have much fuel in it. I unscrewed the plug with a 1/2 drive ( Thanks to Hank for the info on the drive ) There was no washer or gasket between plug and tank. I just emery paper base of tank and around plug and cleaned both surfaces. I then cut a Donut shape rubber gasket from 1.5mm rubber sheet. Outside diameter slighty larger than plug size. light coat of grease on both sides of rubber so help seal then fitted plug/gasket. At not a drop has leaked since fitting tank yesterday.

Last changed: March 03, 2024