8-3/4 Rear end retrofit / front brake question

From: Herman Parker
Email: hplpp@airmail.net
Remote Name: 207.136.39.244
Date: January 01, 2003
Time: 15:15:08

Comments

I am told an E body rear housing will fit my 57 Desoto. Do the spring perches line up fairly close? Never liked the tapered axle (beat your guts out rear brake drums) as a professional mechanic in the early 70's. I will probably use the AAJ disc kit on the front although I don't like the idea of using GM calipers. What about power booster/master cylinder assy, given the width of the 341 hemi? Any advice before I tackle this project?

Last changed: March 03, 2024