Re: reproduction parts projects

From: Herman Parker
Email: hplpp@airmail.net
Remote Name: 66.94.132.253
Date: January 08, 2003
Time: 14:59:20

Comments

Lee, under no circumstance should you stop progress updates! Your input to this group is helpful and inspiring. I too will make what I need if I can't find it. It's part of the attraction of not owning a "cookie cutter car". As for myself, tail light towers for 57/58 Desoto was a major item. I couldn't believe the cost of repairing pitted ones and rechroming. I eventually found a nos unit and a "decent" unit for the other side, but the cost of them was unbelievable as well. The nos unit alone cost $390.00 with lenses. I've already had them laser scanned and as time permits, I plan to offer reproductions. They will be die cast as done originaliy. The only reason I can even consider doing this is my background and equipment I already own. Will I sell them below cost? Of course not. The cost will be based on 2 things. Estimated number of customers (to spread cost of tooling and R&D) and labor & materials to produce each unit. Otherwise, the cost of the first pair might be worth $10,000.00 to $15,000.00. I, for one and interested in a gas tank and sending unit. Keep us posted and keep up the good work!

Last changed: March 03, 2024