My info is from 1957

From: Daven Anderson
Email: l96lfury@springmail.com
Remote Name: 65.58.57.39
Date: January 10, 2003
Time: 10:55:50

Comments

Hmm, I can't find that Mopar Muscle issue right at the moment, but when it comes right down to it, if a recent magazine says one thing, and the 1957 Mopar Master Parts Book (and a 1957 Technical Service Bulletin) says another, well I would tend to side with the original material! NOT to criticize the fine folks at Mopar Muscle (or other Mopar magazines), but mistakes happen. Look at the "pilot '71 'Cuda" featured in M.C.G. that turned out to be a falsified car. I admire M.C.G. for prominently featuring the mistake when it was found out. It might SEEM more likely to modern eyes that a 1960 Dodge P-318 engine would end up in the truck, but I would say in general speaking that 1960 Dodge cars/trucks have better assembly quality and rust resistance than 1957 Plymouths! Meaning that if this swap occured in the mid-60's, a 1957 Plymouth engine would have been a more likely junkyard find than a 1960 Dodge engine (particularly in northern climates). '57 Plymouth engines were quite good, and I'm sure a few of the most slapdash '57 Plymouths thrown together (L.A. plant was worst) were still running when they rusted in half in northern climates....

Last changed: March 03, 2024