So now I know why a 350/350 IS the way to go!

From: Bob O.
Email: punch@proaxis.com
Remote Name: 198.145.10.4
Date: January 19, 2003
Time: 15:37:47

Comments

I go into NAPA and ask if they have replacements for these numbered metering jets from a Carter AFB, and the two guys look at me like I'm a @#$%ing space alien. They've kind of vaguely heard the name Carter before, but the only carb book they have is for Edelbrock Performers, no doubt the same carb but different jet numbering system and probably different threads on the jets, and besides which they don't even have individual jets listed for the Edelbrocks. If only there was an easier way to do this! Trouble is, there IS an easier way to do it, and it involves putting the ol' SBC and Turbo Hydramatic in your ForwardLook/Studebaker/Ford coupe etc. etc. with all the vast range of add-tos and bolt-ons available. This is a hard row to hoe if you want to stay with some originality! Sorry, just thought I'd whine before I dined.

Last changed: March 03, 2024