Re: 1956 D500-1 "Special" parts

From: Tim Dupont
Email: DupontTim@aol.com
Remote Name: 198.81.19.26
Date: February 07, 2003
Time: 10:40:59

Comments

Hank is correct, the bigger exhaust manifolds were only used for the dash one cars and had part #1733876 right and 877 left. The intake #1733878. The manifolds are very precise in clearing the upper parts of the front suspension and The manual steering and are to large to be compatable with the power steering gear. Over time I have located the 57-59? larger 2" truck/Industrial manifolds which are larger than the D500 manifolds but still smaller than the 2 1/2" dash one parts. I have not seen the marine manifolds. Another ultra rare part is the 8 3/4 rear axle and matching drive shaft, these are very unique and like many parts were developed exclusively for the dash one series.

Last changed: March 03, 2024