Re: 1956 Dodge D-500-1

From: Hank Dozier
Email: dozierhc@aol.com
Remote Name: 152.163.197.51
Date: February 10, 2003

Comments

The exact air cleaner for the D500-1 was supposedly a single paper element air cleaner.Supposedly made by Purolator especially for this application, and would have been "similar" to the dual 4 Street Hemi type bottom and top, only I think it was a round unit (saw one ages ago when I was in my early teens) and so was the element. I will defer for a picture to Tim DuPont ("ask the guy who owns one", to paraphrase the Packard saying), as he actually has a complete D500-1, and I think also has the air cleaner. They definitely did NOT have the oil bath batwings, as the Chrysler and DeSoto performance engines had.

Last changed: March 03, 2024