392 valve train noise

From: Mike Austin
Email: mzaustin@cox.net
Remote Name: 68.7.145.194
Date: February 11, 2003

Comments

I did a complete rebuild on the 392. SS valves new seats, rebuilt adjust rockers, custom length puch rods, I timed and adjusted the entire valve train with CAM degree wheel and micrometer. The engine is strong and sounds like a diesel!!! I never built a Hemi before this. Is the valve train just noisy or does any one hve an idea? I also tried adjusting the rockers while it ran still very noisy. I just disassym the engine all the lifers are pumped up and the rocker shafts have plenty of oil. Anyone else have a 392 Hemi and just think the valve train is exceptionally loud?

Last changed: March 03, 2024