8 3/4 rear in a 57 D100?

From: Boondox
Email: Peter.Burke@gmcr.com
Remote Name: 12.34.108.130
Date: February 12, 2003

Comments

I recently bought a 57 D100 with a 315 Poly. Looks like the driveshaft took a hard hit and was bent. Subsequent driving damaged the rear; one axle is in pieces. I'm not having much like finding a replacement, but I do have an 8 3/4 rear out of an old Dart. Plate to plate it's the same, but the perches are out about 9/16" too far on either side to mate up with the leaf springs. Not something I would try with my beginner's welding skills, but if I use a pro shop could I have the perches moved in to mate up properly? TIA, Pete

Last changed: March 03, 2024