Re: Hood clearance

From: Bob O.
Email: punch@proaxis.com
Remote Name: 198.145.10.168
Date: February 13, 2003

Comments

Well, this is what I meant to write: I just put a new carb on my 313 and with it a different air cleaner. It looked as if there wasn't much clearance. How to check it? Here's the idea that occurred to me at 3am (my best thinking time). I took an empty paper towel cardboard tube, and cut four 2" lengths from it. I slit 3 of the 4 lengthwise, and slid then inside each other and then inside the intact 2" length and pulled them out until the whole bunch were about 7" long. I then placed them vertically on the top of the installed carb (no air cleaner) and used a rubber band to stop them from tipping. Next I closed the lid and they slid down as the hood pressed on to them. I found I had 2" to spare on top of the new air cleaner, so now I have peace of mind. This is probably an old trick, but I thought I'd share it.

Last changed: March 03, 2024