Re: 1960 power pack 318

From: Bob O.
Email: punch@proaxis.com
Remote Name: 198.145.10.98
Date: March 11, 2003

Comments

The only Plymouth factory book I own that actually states a valve lift figure is the 1963, by which time there was only one 318 cam listed..... but the lift on it is 0.403". By then the 318 poly was definitely "detuned" from a couple of years previously. If you don't believe me on the lift I'll scan it and send it to you. When I was looking through my books I also found that in 1957 the "Export" (Plodge PlySoto) edition of the Plymouth factory manual has no less than (get this) FOUR different duration cams (not just timing). No explanation whatsoever of what the specific applications are though.

Last changed: March 03, 2024