392 Hemi Starter

From: Brad Harbold
Email: btharbold@aol.com
Remote Name: 64.12.96.78
Date: March 21, 2003

Comments

Hi, I am still messing around with starters for my 392, and I need help!!! I have a 392 bolted to a stock 58 Ply bell housing tranny and converter. The Plymouth starters fit fine but dont have enough power to turn it over fast enough. I bought an original starter from a hemi, it bolts up, but the gears dont seem to mesh into the flywheel. Is there something that I am missing here? I was under the impression that the Chrysler and Plys all had the same teeth on the flywheel ringgear? I need info/advice. Thanks Brad Harbold

Last changed: March 03, 2024