Re: 1961 Phoenix convertible with long ram d500???/

From: Joe Godec
Email: Sonoramic60@aol.com
Remote Name: 198.81.26.145
Date: April 02, 2003

Comments

Mike -- Dodge did offer the ram engine in 383 and 413 CID versions in '61, and there very well could have been a drop-top or two with 'em -- particularly the 383. However, there doesn't seem to be any record of the breakdown of the production by model although build records of individual cars are available. I would think that genuine ram 413 verts would be very, VERY rare as I have only seen one honest ram-inducted '61 413 Dart (the Ramchargers Pioneer 2-dr h/t), but who's to say. AutoWeek some years back said there were less than 500 Plymouths so produced "in toto" in '60-'61, but I have no idea where they got their figures.

Last changed: March 03, 2024